We went to the basketball game last night for Garrett!!! Boy was it a tough game, at first they were getting wooped, their team was down about 6 points and then they made a come back. Garrett scored two and in the final last seconds our team came down the court, made the shoot and it bounced off the rim. No score, they ended 12-11!!! At the end they really came together as a team, it is so awesome to see them learn sportsmanship and team work at such a young age. ( Tools they need for their future and they don't even know it.) What a great two days of ball playing.
On a note, cousin Couch Brian was recognized at a ceremony last night for his grade in Sociology!!
I don't know the whole story as I was working the concession stand for the night. (I think it's fun and a great way to get to know the kids Garrett is around all day.)
Here, I want to share one of my devotionals today from Walk the Talk, enjoy and have a blessed day. Tracy
212° Attitude
One of the many commonalities among people of good character is that each has “an attitude.” More accurately, each has three attitudes – all of which are factors that lead to personal success.
The first of these attitudes takes the form of a contagious, upbeat outlook. People who exhibit this are generally positive, approachable, and cooperative. For them, the glass is almost always “half full.” Do they ever get down and have bad days? Sure…they’re human! But they typically bounce back quickly – choosing to be victors rather than victims.
The second attitude is a can-do spirit. Here, the mentality is: Give me a task and I’m all over it! We can do this. Let’s get to it. People with this mindset focus on making things work rather than on lamenting on why they won’t. That’s why these folks are the DOERS of the world.
Finally, individuals of good character display an “attitude of gratitude.” They appreciate the people they know, the things they have, and the opportunities they’re afforded…and they SHOW it! Now, turn up the heat…212°
On a note, cousin Couch Brian was recognized at a ceremony last night for his grade in Sociology!!
I don't know the whole story as I was working the concession stand for the night. (I think it's fun and a great way to get to know the kids Garrett is around all day.)
Here, I want to share one of my devotionals today from Walk the Talk, enjoy and have a blessed day. Tracy
212° Attitude
One of the many commonalities among people of good character is that each has “an attitude.” More accurately, each has three attitudes – all of which are factors that lead to personal success.
The first of these attitudes takes the form of a contagious, upbeat outlook. People who exhibit this are generally positive, approachable, and cooperative. For them, the glass is almost always “half full.” Do they ever get down and have bad days? Sure…they’re human! But they typically bounce back quickly – choosing to be victors rather than victims.
The second attitude is a can-do spirit. Here, the mentality is: Give me a task and I’m all over it! We can do this. Let’s get to it. People with this mindset focus on making things work rather than on lamenting on why they won’t. That’s why these folks are the DOERS of the world.
Finally, individuals of good character display an “attitude of gratitude.” They appreciate the people they know, the things they have, and the opportunities they’re afforded…and they SHOW it! Now, turn up the heat…212°

1 comment:
oGreat pictures. You are such a supportive mom!
Post a Comment